Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Late night flyer

One backpack, one duffle bag. One, two.

As I pull along my duffle bag, my eyes stray on the surrounding. Stores closing, staffs cleaning. Everything is put to sleep. Late night passenger would soar their wings over the dreams.

Leaving has always been hard. Leaving at night seems even harder. As the matter of fact, light makes people cheerful, darkness doesn't. Airport scenes have been way too familiar a scene for me. I find this surprising. This me, who is passive and inactive, would be used to flying. That's new. This me, who used to get sick just being on a car, would take a 5 hours flight as relaxing. That's unexpected.

Noi Bai Airport, Hanoi. Narita Airport, Japan. Chicago Ohare Airport, Cleveland Airport, Seattle Tacoma Airport, USA. Incheon Airport, Korea. One, two, three, four, five, six. What a count.

I finally am going home. Yes, Wooster is a home for me now. For a flight, however long it is, as long as the destination is home, I would not waver. I did not feel bad about staying here anymore. As time passes, one would adapt, would connect and attach. I did not wish to go home anymore. But, going back, now, is still a warming feeling.

Packing,
unpacking,
fitting,
stretching,
carrying,
pushing,
farewell-ing

I really just want to stay in one place.


No comments:

Post a Comment