Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Songs with fresh tune

As I downloaded "Geek in the Pink" - Jason Mraz, I realize that my sense of music has again turned a new direction.

A year ago or so, when I listened to "Geek in the Pink", I did not really find it fitting my style of music, did not feel that I have ever experienced emotion so bouncing and light. The song was just to carefree for my style, the music too colorful and the feel from it didn't reflect myself.

A few days ago, I listen to CNBlue (Jonghyun and Yonghwa)'s cover of "Geek in the Pink" and I was truly charmed. Of course, their cover version was a little more fast beat and have an exotic taste (due to their pronunciation), but it was enough to make me realize that I want this tune in my music collection.

I guess I'm moving toward the type of music that is colorful, complicated but light, lively but not light-headed, somewhat rough and acoustic. It has a spontaneous aspect of jazz, but I am still not prepared for jazz yet. I still can't love jazz yet.

To add to this list of new music taste, there is:
"I'm the One" - IndigoBlue. Tenshi no Koi OST
"Spring I love you best" and "You are everywhere" - Big Baby Driver. A Gentleman's Dignity OST
"After This Night" - Monday Kiz (found on The Voice Korea)
"With Me" - Wheesung (found on The Voice Korea) - this song is not so happy, but it has this kind of beat that fits my new taste.
"We re going up" - Tim McMorris (found when watching Wendyslookbook video)
"EGO" - Big Bang
The one that I liked but still a bit too intricate for my ability to synchronize: "My favorite things" (The Sound of Music)

(mid July, 2012 to present)

Preceding this light acoustic movement, I was adoring Kana Nishino's songs and other that has the same style. The style of music was songs that had a lot of energy and brightness, but feels longing and sad.

Kana Nishino's
"Dear"
"Distance"
"Kimitte"
"Tatoe Donna Ni"
"Watashitachi"
"If"
Fumika's
"Tengoku no Door"
"Taisetsu no Hikari"
CNBlue's
"Sweet Holiday"
"Hey You"
"Still in Love"

While this cheerful but longing preference lasted very long, I also have a smaller new interest development with CNBlue's song. I started to fall in love with all of the CNBlue's song. Of course, there are ones that I like better, but overall all of their songs fits my taste well.

I like the beat and guitar rhythm of One Time, Intuition and Lie.
I like the liveliness and brightness of Hey You, Love Girl (which I used to not like so much), Sweet Holiday and You've fallen for me.
"Love" has a balance of everything. It is rather a sad tune, but is not too heavy, and is very fast beat. It is by far my favorite for the longest of all CNBlue's songs.
"Feeling" is a new song from CNBlue that I just downloaded. I love this song after listening to only a few notes. It has a vibrant, strange but very attractive melody.

(from November, 2011 to June, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment