Sunday, February 5, 2012

Art Block

is an artist crisis.
What is it?

Symptoms, which only the artist can tell:
- no image popping up in one's head, namely imagination turn off.
- no thrilling emotions when looking at beautiful artwork, namely inspiration drain.
- no interest in any music what-so-ever, namely boredom of good old things.

I had an art block for like too months, since the last Christmas painting. Having an art block doesn't necessary mean no artwork is produced. It just means that no passionate feeling is born while doing the artwork and no satisfaction bloomed when the artwork is finished.
This is an unpleasantly persisting feeling, and is the worst feeling for an artist.

This time, my art block is cured by a song - "Sunday morning" cover by Jonghyun of CNBlue.
Also, thanks to Weekly Art Challenge which gave me a topic to dwell on. Eventually, I got myself back on the imagination boat.

"Sunday morning rain is falling"  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment