Sunday, February 26, 2012

The so-called "Artist"

20 years of existence
No, precisely, 19 years, three months and 10 days.

I have spent almost my entire life drawing. Yet, it seems like not enough.

What is it to be art? I am not sure. But I know what I have been creating so far, is just a distorted image of art. It lacks refined lines and stable structure.

My very old wish. "I have got to be able to do this." That is when a dream is formed.
I read so many manga when I was small. And I told myself, I would one day draw one.
" I have got to be able to make a manga." That was when my dream was formed. Since then, restless movement of pencils; nonstop consumption of paper; unfaltering buds of idea; and, here and there, traces of disappointment.

I have worked so hard toward one goal. Some twists and turns, the destination might have been blocked from view. So after many years of tracing my imagination, I have not got so far. Have I got lost? Certainly.

Perspectives is always a matter of luck,
anatomy is lacking,
inability to draw animals,
and a lot more.

"I would love to be able to do this." Forming a dream now is but too late,
realism/ realistic style,
doll face-up,
architecture,
photography,
fashion design,
piano, or any musical instruments.

So there is only one thing I can do? Background, speed lines, patterns and tone, ink and pen nibs, frame and speech bubbles, human - interactions. A manga.

----------------------------------
February 26th, 2012

One of these distorted image of art:


No comments:

Post a Comment