Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tomorrow

No no no no more, tomorrow


The clock is frozen.
Time stops its flow.

I'm still exactly the same as then,
The time stopped right at that last moment.

Even the feet are trapped.
I can't move on.
My hand scarred, symbolism of a broken heart.
My arm extending to receive the pain, symbolism of broken will. Even the other hand is hidden. I don't want to fight (for life) any more. If life is a war, and each day is a battle, then I surrender - head bowing low.

If you look closely, the structure of the clock, with the blocks of ice, resembles an eye. Shattered glass is tears.

This - is a drawing of sorrow.

Of course the face is calm. There's no growling, no moaning, no fussing. That is how I express my emotion. Invisible. The idea is based on my real experience. 

Let me just tell the story outright. I hate it when people try to analyze a piece of literature. What if that is NOT the author's intention?

----

The time on the clock, it has a meaning too. It was around that time when I walked into the common lobby and saw him with his girl friend. They were sitting, leaning on each other. No excessive cuddling, but I could tell from a glance. I was shocked I was puzzled. It felt like something slipped out of my hand. It seemed like reality was an illusion. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to write about it. Yet, I want to scream out loud, I want drain out this dense sadness in my heart. 

I couldn't smile. I couldn't lift up my feeling. I was just halted. Exactly like that. Hope shattered. Future extinct. 

Of course time would pass, and life would through hardship at me again. But there is one future that won't exist any more; and for that future, time stops. The future between me and him.

No comments:

Post a Comment