Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Food Adventure

It's summer. I'm living alone, having research assistant job. And, I am responsible for my nutrition balance. I will continually posting picture of the food that I cooked. After all, it's boring, once you cook too much, to cook the same thing again and cook the simple dishes.

So today, I tried my luck with "bún măng" (round rice noodle with bamboo shoot and pig feet split soup). Of course, there are not enough ingredients. I don't have round rice noodle, so I used spaghetti instead (angel-hair to be exact). It is definitely not the same thing. The rice noodle has a cool, pleasant feeling when it touches your tongue and it adds a special sour taste to the dish. The pig feet split was also a big challenge. To cut it into suitable pieces, I had to accumulate all my muscle strength. Bamboo shoot came in a can, which was not the most awesome thing either. At first, the soup turned out to be salty and I was worried. However, as I added the noodle and lime juice to the soup, the flavor became perfect.

Enough talking, here it is:



Bonus are the pictures of my lunch box :P


No comments:

Post a Comment