Saturday, July 7, 2012

ROAR

This heat is killing me!

I can never believe that I could have been so horribly unfortunate to have ended up on the fourth floor (highest floor) of a brick building, in a room so small that the air is packed. Once the heat sipped in, it won't leave. The fan is powerless compared to the packed air that won't move. The hall way is also small, and the window screen seems too strong a barrier for the wind to come in.

But if I walked downstairs, I could distinctly feel the decrease of the heat. If I walk along the basement's hallway, I feel the chill biting my skin, sucking the heat and sweat away. The difference is intolerable.

At day time, the first floor is also heated up (still cooler than the top floor). However, when the night descended, the temperature drops quickly like a person releasing a sigh. That is the first floor. It won't happen to the forth floor. No matter how much the temperature decreases, how strongly the wind hits the building, how vigorously the rain falls, the heat won't go away.

It sticks to the skin, blocks your airway, presses on you when you touch anything. It surrounded you, and won't let you escape.

The student center, library, even wellness center-basically any air conditioned resort- are closed. Academic buildings that students work in deny swipe-access during weekend. There's not much you can do within walking distance. And a walk of only a block away can drench you and torture you well enough.

This sort of situation is hopeless, and it burns me, with heat and anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment