Thursday, July 5, 2012

Burning me up

I woke up at 2AM in the morning. For a person who took a full 15 minutes to fully function, it took the heat only thirty seconds  to rip me off my confused state.

I felt like I was trapped in an invisible prison of heat, I got up, sat in front of the fan, and the wind that was coming off it was only slightly less hot than the still air. I was desperate. Sitting for a while, I wondered if I could sleep sitting up. Not possible.

After a lot of deliberation, I stood up and opened the door of my room. The air outside was slightly cooler than the stuffy air block in my room, but it was nothing considerable. Still, I need to keep the door open for the air to circulate. What should I do?


I finally resolve to the solution that others had done on my floor, putting a big drapery over the door so that the air can float by easily without exposing the interior of your room to all passer-by. I moved my chair, in my hand, my bed cover piece. This should be good, I thought. Standing on the chair I reached over to the top of the door, to be disappointed by the fact that I could not even reach the ceiling where I could contemporarily hang the piece of fabric. Arghhh. The heat drove me crazy. And even if I tried to think, I could not come up with any other solution.


I moved my fan over to the plug that was closer to the door, hoping to pull in some air from outside. The problem with the door was still there. 


Eventually I gave up and risk my privacy to leave the door open and go to sleep. It took me more than half an hour to fall back to sleep. Never had I been put into such a horrible situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment